Skip to main content
Resources/Links / Non-Credit International Travel

Non-Credit International Travel

UK’s office of International Health, Safety & Security (IHSS) works closely with all students traveling abroad for UK purposes when they are not enrolled in academic credit directly related to their trip. If you will be outside the U.S. pursuing an activity funded or endorsed by the University, you must register with the IHSS office before departure to be in compliance with the University’s student travel policy, and to facilitate coverage under UK’s international insurance policy. This requirement applies to both undergraduate and graduate students. 

Activities abroad that must be registered include, but are not limited to research projects, conference attendances and presentations, etc. You should not register purely personal travel. 

Please note that additional requirements apply to proposed travel to countries under active U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings

If you have any questions regarding the registration process or requirements for trips to Travel Warning countries, contact Mr. Jason Hope, UK International Center, Manager of International Health, Safety and Security, (859) 218-4961, In case of an emergency while you are abroad, contact the UK Police Department at 001-859-257-8573.